At LinguaOne we provide comprehensive training for interpreters in Mankato and throughout the state of Minnesota. Following is an outline of our training modules. Contact us today to get more information or to schedule training!
MODULE 1: THE PROFESSION
- An overview of medical and community interpreting today
- National ethics
- How to assess your performance
MODULE 2: PROTOCOLS AND SKILLS
- Basic protocols (such as positioning)
- Message transfer skills (how to interpret)
- Interpreting modes
- Memory skills and note-taking
MODULE 3: STRATEGIC MEDIATION
- How to make decisions
- Intervention skills
- The Strategic Mediation Model
- Cultural mediation
MODULE 4: PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY
- Who are you? Where do you fit in?
- Professional practice
- Introduction to legal interpreting
MODULE 5: THE INTERPRETER’S ROLE
- Managing your role
- National standards of practice
- Self care and professional development
40 hours of training, test and materials, and exams are non-refundable.